Once you download the application, please read all instructions carefully. The deadline for submitting an application with all required information and documentation is March 15th, 2013. Any incomplete applications or packets postmarked after March 15th, 2013 will be ineligible for consideration. Applications will only be accepted via regular mail.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
· Daughter or son of a current or veteran United States Army Special Forces Soldier.
· Undergraduate student must not have reached 26 years of age by 15 October 2013.
· Graduate student must not have reached 28 years of age by 15 October 2013.
· Full time student pursuing degree/certification completion at an accredited post secondary institution.
· A high school senior, high school graduate, or registered as a full time undergraduate student at an accredited college or post secondary vocational/technical institute.
· For graduate school scholarships, currently enrolled as a college senior or obtained a bachelors degree from an accredited college/university, applied and/or accepted in an accredited graduate school program.
ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION: Both the applicant and their sponsor are required to read and complete the Statement of Certification at the bottom of the first page of the application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. If the sponsor is deployed, include a statement of that fact in the application packet. You must include official documentation verifying the sponsor’s possession of an 18-series military occupational specialty (MOS) or service in a Special Forces Group for a cumulative period of not less than five years. Acceptable forms of documentation are the DD Form 214, ERB, or ORB. The children of non-18-series Soldiers who have served honorably in an active duty group for at least five years are eligible to compete.